About Susan Monaco
- M.Ac.O.M (Masters degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) from AOMA
- Diplomat in Oriental Medicine by NCCAOM( National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Washington State E.A.M.P. (East Asian Medicine Practitioner) also known as L.Ac. (Licensed Acupuncturist). WA DOH
Oriental Medicine Training
Susan completed a four year Master’s degree program in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (M.Ac.O.M) at the Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin (AOMA). This program included study of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Asian bodywork therapy, nutrition, and biomedicine. In addition, the program includes over 1008 hours of clinical internship rotations, treating over 500 different patients.
Susan completed her undergraduate training at the George Washington University, where she earned a Bachelor’s degree in socio-cultural anthropology.
In addition to the herbal training that is part of the M.Ac.O.M degree, Susan spent 3 years studying and working closely with her herbal master, Dr. Ma Dongxin. Dr. Ma is a master herbalist who continues the tradition of the famous Dr. Wang Mianzhi, one of the five founders of TCM in modern China. His Chinese herbal lineage dates back over 700 years to the Ming dynasty (1368-1644 C.E.).
Qi Gong Training
Susan studied for three years with Master Junfeng Li. Master Li is an inspirational teacher, former coach of the Chinese national Wushu team, and founder of the Sheng Zhen Wuji Yuan Gong form of qi gong. During her studies with Master Li, Susan learned medical qi gong as well as several physical qi gong forms (Return to Spring, Sheng Zhen Healing 1-3, Kuan Yin Standing, Kuan Yin Sitting, Jesus Sitting, Six Healing Sounds Qi Gong, and Nine Turns Meditation).
About the Office
Green Office Pledge: Everyday business choices have an impact on the global environment and the health and wellbeing of those both inside and outside the office. In many cases, a good choice for the environment can positively affect the health of the people with whom I work. The following strategies are implemented at the office:
- Energy Use: Minimizing energy use by using compact fluorescents; thermostat regulation; encouraging walking, bicycling, and public transportation use; etc.
- Sourcing: Buying locally produced products, using 100% recycled paper goods, using only non-toxic natural cleaning products, using no VOC paints, etc.
- Recycling & Reusing: Recycling all paper, aluminum, cardboard, and plastic; using recycled printer cartridges; minimize paper printing and using double sided printing; using reusable kitchenware for eating & drinking; purchasing durable equipment & products with a long life-span; purchase and sell items with the least packaging possible.